As New England’s premier resource for 3D printing technology, ACT 3D Equipment & Services (ACT 3D) specializes in production-grade 3D printing technologies. Our diverse line includes 3D printers, CAD software solutions, engineering services, and high-performance materials to bring your designs to life and to market.
Our portfolio includes top-tier manufacturers, such as 3D Systems Corporation, HP Multi-jet Fusion, Loctite, and more. We have also partnered with RIZE, a Boston-based company that has created a unique series of hybrid FDM 3D printers.
Unlike many of our competitors, we pride ourselves on being an end-to-end provider. From the initial consultation to regular machine maintenance, ACT 3D is with your business every step of the way. We even offer online consumable ordering and service requests, where you can upload your error code and printer log files for engineer review prior to your service appointment.
ACT 3D is looking for a self-starter AM Field Service Engineer to deliver the desired customer service experience on industrial 3D printers, including the HP MJF product line. The goal is to drive service success that improves customer satisfaction, maximizes customer retention, and increases profitability.
Position to cover the greater New England region of the United States. Candidate location of residence in New England region is flexible. Full benefits package offered, including medical, dental, supplemental, and 401K.
Re-location assistance from outside the New England region is not offered for this position
- Provide service and customer support during field visits on additive manufacturing equipment
- Manage all on site installation, repair, maintenance, and testing tasks for 3D printers
- Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions
- Produce timely and detailed service reports
- Follow all ACT 3D field service procedures and protocols
- Cooperate with technical team and share information across the organization
- Comprehend customer requirements and make appropriate recommendations/briefings back to technical team
- Build positive relationships with customers
- Proven customer service experience on industrial 3D printers such as the Hewlett-Packard MJF 300/500 Series Printers and HP MJF 4200/5200 Series Printers and 3D Systems professional series printers. Candidates with service certifications in place for all HP MJF Printers will be given highest consideration
- Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair, and service 3D printers
- Ability to work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- US Citizenship required
Education and Experience:
- Associate degree in Engineering or two-year technical degree or equivalent training acceptable
- At least five years of related experience servicing high-performance industrial 3D printers required.
- Certifications for servicing HP MJF additive manufacturing systems preferred, but not required
- Prolonged periods of working on a computer operated equipment
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to travel by auto extensively.
Eligible candidates should send CV and contact information to email@example.com .